Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Published

I recently came across a request on Reddit.com asking redditors to submit their book reviews to an online magazine.  I decided that even though I didn't think I had a chance, I would do it.  My reasoning was that it was good practice, getting rejected that is.  So, I went back through the few book reviews I had done that weren't for children's books.  I chose to submit "The Most Disturbing Short Story I've Ever Read."  I made only minor changes to the review, only a word here or there, trying to make it sound more well written.

I didn't expect to hear back from the magazine for a while, so I decided to go to bed and put it out of my mind.  Easier said than done.  Of course, I got involved in a few things before actually going to bed, and when it was finally time to climb between my sheets, I checked my email.  To my surprise, there was an email from the editor of the magazine.  I though, "Gee, that was fast."

I had to read the email twice before I actually believed what it said.  Of course, it didn't take long considering it was short and to the point.  Here is what he wrote:

Amazing. This is perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

I look forward to future contributions from you.

It will be published in the magazine April 2nd.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

All the best,

Doug



I jumped up and down so much that my husband had to grab me to get me to stop.  Needless to say, I couldn't sleep now.  I also couldn't stop smiling, giggling, or pacing the room.  Finally I did get to sleep, when the rush wore off. The next morning I was still excited, and still am a few days later.  I am a published book reviewer, my goal.  One of my many goals pertaining to writing.  I can't wait to see what God has waiting for me next!


If you want to check out the magazine, its eFiction Magazine.  Its free to view the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment